Associate Vice Provost, Office of International Engagement and Global Competitiveness
Job Title: Associate Vice Provost, Office of International Engagement and Global Competitiveness
Salary Range: $150,000.00 (commensurate with experience and education)
We are looking for an Associate Vice Provost, Office of International Engagement and Global Competitiveness for our Client in the Dallas area. This role provides strategic leadership for the College’s comprehensive global curriculum strategy, international engagement efforts, strategic global partnerships, study away, and student abroad programming.
· Support the Provost in leading the teams comprehensive international engagement programming. Works closely with leadership on advancing the internationalization of the curriculum and increasing student global competitiveness, ensuring academic alignment of international efforts.
· In conjunction with legal counsel and the Office of Provost, ensure appropriate oversight of all legal, human resource, procurement, and academic governance matters pertaining to international partnerships, engagements, contracted services, and study abroad programming.
· Serve as a primary point of contact on international partnership exploration, research, and coordination and serves as advisor to the chancellor and provost on international-related efforts.
· Review, recommend, negotiate, and maintain arrangements with travel management services, and study abroad educational providers.
· Represent the Client within various global chambers of commerce, world affairs organizations, and serve as the Client's liaison in matters pertaining to global education.
· Deliver presentations, as appropriate, relevant to the Client's strategic international focus.
· Research best practices in developing and implementing local, national, and international global programming across academia and recommend new programs and initiatives.
· Oversee and coordinate the Client’s recommendation, review, and approval of study abroad, study away, and robust local international engagement efforts.
· Ensure up-to-date and relevant information pertaining to the office of international education and global competitiveness including website, faculty one-stop pages, and general information.
· Represent international education opportunities to academic leaders, faculty, students, parents, alumni, other institutions
· Travel internationally as needed to support the Client's global efforts.
· Serve as a logistical lead for organizing and scheduling international visitors, client delegations, and other dignitaries to the Client. Managed inquiries and logistics related to such visits.
· Master's degree required, doctoral degree preferred, in a globally related field.
· A minimum of 7 years of explicit global program experience required.
· Experience directly managing one or more global programs in an academic setting preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
· Demonstrated ability to independently manage and supervise a nimble, yet highly efficient core team
· Able to work effectively with groups and individuals at all levels of management.
· Experience directly managing curriculum or programs related to one of the following: international engagement, Internationalization of the curriculum, global education, international training efforts within an academic setting.
· Demonstrated negotiation, consultative, and facilitation skills particularly in academic environments and with academic leaders and faculty
· Demonstrated ability to function independently and at a high level in a fast-paced environment
· High fluency in one or more foreign languages, Spanish preferred.