Automotive Tech - Heavy Equipment/Buses
Seeking Automotive Technicians for heavy equipment/buses who are looking for a great CAREER opportunity! We are assisting Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport in recruiting for this direct hire opportunity. This is a great career opportunity with great Health Benefits starting day one, and opportunities for growth in a career and more!
- Uses test equipment to troubleshoot problems, determines corrective action, makes repairs or adjustments and road tests vehicles or equipment to make certain that problem or condition has been corrected.
- Performs tune-ups, replacing parts and making adjustments, using test equipment and technical manuals.
- Repairs electrical, fuel, electronic ignition, emission, and exhaust systems.
- Inspects and makes repairs to hydraulic systems on equipment; replaces components as required.
- Inspects and replaces or repairs brake systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Makes repairs or complete overhauls on gasoline and diesel engines and alternative fuels.
- Repairs or replaces front-end parts on vehicles and equipment; aligns front end.
- Repairs, replaces and services transmissions, drive shafts, U-joints and differential axles.
- Repairs carburetors, generator-alternators, ball joints, shocks, wheel bearings/seals, starters, fuel pumps and other equipment.
- Services and makes repairs to vehicle air conditioning systems.
- Trains to repair Crash/Fire/Rescue equipment such as high-pressure plumbing and pumps, foam induction and powder fire fighting and hydraulic systems.
High school curriculum or equivalent.
3+ years experience as an automotive mechanic.
Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
Must be able to obtain a Class B Commercial driver's license with a passenger (P) endorsement (driver's licenses with an "L" restriction are not acceptable) within 6 months of employment in this classification.
Must possess a set of mechanic's tools to perform skilled work.
Ability to pass a medical physical examination.
Ability to obtain an EPA 608 Refrigerant certification within 90 days of employment in this position.