Chief Marketing Officer
We are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer for our Client in Dallas. This individual functions as a member of the senior management team responsible for instituting policies and procedures that provide effective internal management of the organization. Responsible for accelerating organizational performance through strategic planning and organizational effectiveness. Bears significant responsibility, accountability, and authority within an organization to meet the vision, mission, and goals of the organization.
• Responsible for managing the following program areas in the District Office of Public Affairs including Advertising, Digital Marketing, Digital Communications, Creative Services, Outreach and Media Relations.
• Responsible for developing and implementing a wide variety of communications strategies to communicate the image of the client both internally and externally.
• Responsible for directing communications strategies/campaigns and proactively telling the Client’s story.
• Creates innovative marketing and communications strategies that will build Client’s brand, leading to increased awareness, fundraising revenue, relevance, and respect among target audiences.
• Tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of today’s marketing channels.
• Routinely plan and host events and programs on behalf of the Chancellor and/or the Client’s community network.
• Collaborate and build strong working relationships with all stakeholders internal/external to the district; has superior strategic planning and organizational skills; align and integrate the department’s goals along with other organizations goals so that partnership drives growth.
• Reach targeted and diverse audiences through media campaigns, community outreach and service-learning efforts.
• Responsible for ensuring that all staff members follow district policies and procedures for making business transactions.
• Supervises staff responsible for communications and media relations; multimedia and advertising programs and/or outreach and community relations programs; creative services; website development; public relations.
• Serves as Client’s spokesperson as needed.
• Leads the production of mass media marketing with the goal of increasing enrollment; maintains ongoing business relationships with community partners, chambers of commerce, service agencies, etc.
• Responsible for assisting departments in making decisions about projects that have an impact on multiple audiences both internally and externally, e.g., web design, outreach street team, and digital marketing.
• Manages multiple large-scale projects simultaneously, including multimedia advertising campaigns, marketing and production for special events, digital advertising on multiple platforms, design and development of multiple print and digital promotional projects.
• Ensures that materials are developed with cultural and socio-economic sensitivities in mind.
• Uses excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to be able to converse and interact with diverse, multi-cultural constituents internal/external to Client.
• Supervise approximately 25+ direct/indirect employees and manage a budget of approximately $5M+.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience as a highly aligned business leader in strategic planning and support services.
• Maintains an uncompromised commitment to integrity, credibility, demonstrated high moral values and ethical behavior and dedication.
• Proven track-record of detail-oriented management skills including fiscal compliance and outcomes.
• A strategic thinker providing visionary and dynamic leadership that will bring about effective change.
• Keeps up to date with emerging technologies and best practices.
• Ability to oversee the complete operation of a department in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans including the design and structure of the organization in a manner that facilitates and supports the operations.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills… from analysis to recommendation and the development of implementation plans.
• Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external constituents of diverse ethnicity and multi-cultural backgrounds, thereby creating a diverse environment.
• Experience in leading committees that focus on initiatives that affect business procedures and issues, as well as experience in implementing strategic proposals.
• Ability to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and deal effectively with people from all segments of the community.
• Proven capacity to work inclusively with executive leadership, and collaboratively with other stakeholders.
• Excellent change agent, using a style of management that mentors/coach’s staff to inspire their best performance.
• Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategy and implementing the strategy to achieve the objectives of the district.
• Able to align and integrate the department’s goals with the vision, mission, and goals of the Client.
• A strong commitment to personal and professional development, and the ability to build a robust, autonomous, and collaborative team.
• Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience, strong oral and written communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated experience delivering excellent customer service to a diverse client base.