Data Cabling Technician
These individuals will work to help maintain the data/telecommunications physical infrastructure throughout the company. This includes the district Local Area Network and the Wireless Network.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Maintain, troubleshoot and repair telecommunications hardware and associated cabling, jacks and other peripheral components.
· Maintain, troubleshoot and repair wireless network components.
· Evaluate, and troubleshoot data networks and associated cabling, equipment, and systems
· Diagnose and resolve Local Area Network problems and Wireless Network problems.
· Perform or participate in wireless network surveys; troubleshoot and repositioning of access points and communications equipment as needed
· Troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues using appropriate tools and software; working within a team or solo
- Install new cabling and data jacks for limited size moves/adds/changes.
- Experience in installing data/voice wiring and terminating data jacks
- Experience in testing/certifying Category 5e/6 cabling system
- Experience with Cisco and HP Switches and routers is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless Access Points is a plus.
- Network training or certificates is a plus.
- Fluke Network Testers experience is a plus.
- Ekahau Sidekick experience is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have reliable vehicle (will be using own vehicle when needed)
- Must have own basic tools (like screwdrivers and general tools) data jacks are provided
- Must be comfortable getting on ladder to work with cables, etc.