We are looking for an Electrician II for our Client in the DFW area. This is with a large well-known organization and a direct opportunity with great benefits!
As an Electrician II (Journeyman), you will be responsible for ensuring that the operation and effectiveness of the lighting systems around the facility is always in operational order. This role will be responsible for the generators, vaults that house parallel and series circuits, gate systems, transformers, and light systems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Repairing and servicing lighting on taxiways, runways, aprons, blast walls, security fences, and illuminated signs.
- Rebuilding or replacing electric security gate components such as controllers, rollers, loop detectors and card readers.
- Locating ground faults and repairs or replaces damaged cables using equipment and tools.
- Removing and replacing ballasts, transformers, capacitors, sockets, starters, fuses, lamps in lighting systems and trouble shoots PLC circuits.
- Repairing and replacing parts in motors, generators, switchboards, regulators, controllers, and control circuits.
- Performing photometric testing, underground line locates, and monthly emergency generator testing.
- Uses blueprints, technical manuals, and test equipment to troubleshoot problems and make repairs.
3 years of experience in airfield, industrial or commercial electrical systems or related field.
Possession of a Journeyman Electrician license issued by the State of Texas.
Ability to work rotating shift assignments.
Ability to pass a color vision deficiency test.
Ability to pass a physical examination.
Possession of written portion of the Class B CDL upon 3 months of hiring and must pass the driving portion of the test within 12 months of the hire date. Operator’s licenses with an “L” restriction are not acceptable
What we desire:
- Knowledge of the codes, practices, methods, tools and materials of the electrical trade
- Skill in the use of tools, materials, and equipment in the electrical trade including construction equipment such as cranes and backhoes.
- Ability to use computers and input data in various programs proficiently.