Seeking Pavement Maintenance Technicians who are looking for a great CAREER opportunity! We are assisting Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport in recruiting for this direct hire opportunity. This is a great career opportunity with great Health Benefits starting day one, and opportunities for growth in a career and more!
This individual will maintain and repair the concrete and asphalt surfaces around the facility. Tasks will mostly be concentrated on runways, taxiways, roadways, and parking lots.
What You Will Be Doing
- Excavate, repair, and maintain concrete and asphalt surfaces throughout the facility; control erosion, maintain storm drains and flumes, and remove snow.
- Operate the following types of powered or mobile equipment and vehicles to maintain concrete and asphalt surfaces: 2 1/2- and 5 - ton dump trucks, sweepers, backhoe, crack sealing machine, grader, dozer, track loader, box blade, rubber tire loader, joint seal machine, seal coat machine, pavement scrubber and all types of landslides and winter weather equipment including plows, blowers, spreaders, brooms, and deicing trucks.
- Repair pavement area by excavating to grade or by removing defective concrete or asphalt with jackhammer, power saw or excavation equipment.
- Determine proper mix, prepare and pour paving material, finish surfaces with manual and powered hand tools.
- Perform repairs and installations to fencing, guardrails and crash cushions.
High School diploma or equivalent
1+ year experience in concrete or asphalt repair and finish
Possession of a valid Class A or B CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain the license in a predetermined time frame.
What We Desire
Must have a good private driving record: (a) no more than two (2) convictions of moving violations in the last 36 months and (b) no DWI convictions in the last 60 months.
Ability to work rotating shift assignments.
Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions in working with hot asphalt mix and operating road machinery and equipment.
Knowledge of the techniques and practices in finishing concrete and asphalt surfaces.