Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Richardson, TX
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000
We are seeking a Production Manager in the electronic manufacturing environment to oversee all production process activities for our Client in the Richardson area. As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the generation of production schedules, allocation of production resources, parts acquisition, inventory management, quality control, and overall responsibility for the production area's organization and compliance with ISO 9000 standards.
- Generate and manage production schedules to ensure timely completion of production orders.
- Efficiently allocate production resources, including personnel and equipment, to optimize productivity.
- Oversee parts acquisition activities, coordinating with suppliers to ensure materials are obtained in accordance with the production schedule.
- Coordinate production activities to ensure that products are produced on time and meet quality standards.
- Implement cost-effective strategies to improve production efficiency and reduce operational expenses.
- Manage all production equipment, including operation, maintenance, and acquisition, to ensure smooth operations.
- Maintain optimal levels of product inventory to meet anticipated demand and avoid shortages or excesses.
- Ensure strict adherence to quality control standards throughout all production processes.
- Monitor production processes, identify and resolve delivery and scheduling issues with other departments and customers as necessary.
- Participate in customer status update meetings, conference calls, and other communication channels.
- Collaborate with other department heads in regular management meetings to coordinate production activities.
- Identify training needs and conduct training sessions for production personnel to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Take responsibility for ISO 9000 compliance activities within the production processes.
- 3+ years experience as a Production Manager or high level management role in an electronic manufacturing environment.
- 1+ years experience in circuitboard manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling, resource allocation, inventory management, and quality control principles.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 standards and experience in implementing compliance activities.
- Must be familiar with SMT and TH process, electronic manufacturing equipment, and electronic manufacturing quality control requirements.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using production management software and other relevant tools.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to motivate and manage a production team.