Senior Procurement Specialist
Title: Senior Procurement Specialist Procurement
Pay: $60K - $80K (based on experience)
We are looking for a Sr Procurement Specialist for our Client in Plano. This position is responsible for providing professional acquisition of supplies, services, and equipment. I This role reports to the Assistant Director of Procurement Services, and performs a wide variety of procurement and purchasing activities and provides technical guidance and leadership to subordinate Procurement Specialists.
Manages the procurement process.
• Reviews PRF-1, specifications/scope and statement of work.Works closely with program and project managers on proper procurement method for procuring such goods and services
• Manages the coordination of the establishment of a subcontracting goal
• Manages the coordination of obtaining insurance requirements
Negotiates contracts and makes awards.
Serves as an advisor to subordinate staff on unusual or difficult policy issues.
Consults with user department personnel concerning requirements.
Acts as chairperson for procurement evaluation committee; serves on other procurement related committees.
Solicits quotations and bids; negotiates prices and terms.
Prepares formal invitation for bids and requests for quotations, including required special terms and conditions, performance and technical criteria.
Corresponds and communicates with suppliers and internal and external customers.
Performs RFP, RFQ, RFB and RFI standard work flow procedures.
Maintains individual workload statistics and updates status tracking matrix.
Provide guidance, support and assist with training for Procurement Specialists.
Assists suppliers in registering on self-service website to receive solicitations.
Effectively manages contracts by monitoring spend and contract expiration dates.
Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.
• Perform cost and price analysis
• Negotiate business agreements
• Organize and prioritize work load to meet deadlines and operating needs
• Read, interpret and explain laws, rules and office policies and procedures
• File records alphabetically and numerically
• Prepare written records and complete reports
• Compile data for purposes of bidding and awarding contracts
• Effectively communicate orally and in writing