Shipping and Receiving
- Supports all transportation and logistics shipping and receiving needs.
Maintain effective communication with small package carriers and freight
Confer and correspond with representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
Obtains freight quotes from freight companies
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, commercial invoices, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Adhere to all company policies, quality standards/procedures, safety procedures, and guidelines.
- Receive products from vendor deliveries and unload trucks at the loading docks.
- Compare packing lists to company purchase orders and ensure that the products in each delivery match the packing list.
- Update the product inventory in Radius as products are received and added to our inventory.
Examine contents and compare records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
· Good communication and leadership skills
· Good detailed organizational skills
· Must have computer skills
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to work extended hours with short notice and may include weekends.
· Must be able to communicate well with other departments
Help support all shipping and receiving functions.