Sr. HRIS Business Planner
Location : Ft Worth, TX
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are looking for a Sr HRIS Business Planner to join our Client's team in the Central Ft Worth area.
The Sr. HRIS Business Planner resource will execute the typical job duties of a business planner under the direction of the manager.
Location: Ft Worth
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct business analysis, needs assessments, enterprise analysis, and preliminary cost. Works with business process owners and various stakeholders to elicit, document, analyze, validate, and communicate requirements using established methods and tools for new and/or existing technology initiatives.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, consolidates low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and to deliver business planner artifacts as needed. Coordinates and communicates with stakeholders, management staff and vendor staff on project issues and status.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and solution providers.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates. Works with Project Managers and HR staff to document requirements and business process flow. Responsible for managing the requirements through the life of the project.
- Works with other employees on continuous process and system improvements continuously monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of solutions implemented.
- Assists in providing support to employees in preparation of business cases leading to requests and collective bargaining for HRIS initiatives.
- Works with appropriate IT and HRIS staff to incorporate/implement new developments as appropriate.
- Involved in evaluation of current and proposed information and business process flows and the costs/benefits of emerging technology. Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Mentor HRIS team members in HRIS service delivery and effectively resolve elevated process and system issues.
- Performs application administrator role during project implementation and helps train/transition to customer subject matter experts and/or others for ongoing support.
- Prepares feasibility studies, and assists in development of Request for Information (RFI’s), Request for Proposals (RFP’s), analysis of vendor RFP responses, Mayor and Council Communications (M&C), and Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) forms.
- Directs departmental and citywide projects. The Business Planner may be required to perform the duties of both project manager and business planner on the project assigned. He or she will manage the goals, scope, budget, resources, communications, risks, and schedules of the projects assigned if needed.
Required Qualifications :
- PeopleSoft HCM
- Gathering and documenting business requirements
- Writing functional and technical design specs
- Project Management
- PeopleSoft Time and Labor/Absence experience
- Coordinate user acceptance testing, managing incidents and defects.
- Recommend and develop metrics in support of QA testing initiatives.
- Effectively manages all aspects of client interaction to ensure business requirements are met while maintaining scope control and SDLC requirements
- Apply strong project management skills utilizing industry standard methodologies to define the strategies, scope, plans, schedules, resources, risk, cost, and documentation of solutions.
- Business process mapping or re-engineering
- Interact with others using strong, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Actively listen and interface with both technical and non-technical personnel