Sr. Internal Auditor
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor (3- 4 month temporary position).
Pay: 65k – 80K ($31.25/hr - $38.46/hr)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Monday – Friday 7 AM - 4 PM or 8 AM - 5 PM
We are looking for a Sr Internal Auditor for our Client in the Plano area. This role is with a large organization in the Dallas area.
The purpose of the position is to execute audit assignments throughout the Authority and third parties. Assist in providing recommendations that improve internal controls, add value and/or create greater efficiencies with respect to operations, compliance, reporting, etc. Employees in this classification are responsible for planning, coordinating and executing activities that support the overall audit function. Performs related work as required.
· Complete variety of audits, including all phases of the audit process.
· Identify control weaknesses and recommend appropriate resolution, including best practice analysis and implementation
· Evaluate the relevance, reliability, and integrity of reports and information systems
· Review existing as well as new projects, services, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable requirements
· Communicate audit findings by preparing periodic reports
· Special projects involvement
· Review for compliance with all federal, state, local, and other legal/regulatory requirements
· Advises management on appropriate systems controls and other account and operational matters
· Completes all activities and internal audits in an effective, professional, and timely manner
· Maintain confidentiality of all information obtained during the execution of job responsibilities
· Keep abreast of all relevant pronouncements, changes, etc., and evaluate their impact or potential impact on the Authority
· Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with all levels of employees and third parties working for the Authority. Show respect for the opinion of others and behave in such a way as to encourage an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment
· Provide audit assistance to the Authority’s public accounting firm
· Perform all other tasks and special projects as requested by supervisor
· Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· CIA Certification is required
· 3+ years of related experience
· Recommendations regarding policy development and implementation are made and/or recommended. Evaluates customer satisfaction, develops cooperative associations and utilizes resources to continuously improve customer satisfaction
· Receives Limited Direction: The employee normally performs the duty assignment according to his or her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary. The assignment may be reviewed upon completion. Performance is reviewed periodically
· Advanced ability to write editorials, journals, speeches, manuals, or critiques. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study
· Experience with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and COSO, along with excellent technical and comprehension abilities
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to establish effective audit policies and procedures and to handle multiple priorities, organizes projects, and meets deadlines
· Ability to write audit objectives and corresponding audit steps.
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills including: knowledge of Excel and other spreadsheet programs, and the ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of Authority’s computer systems used into the development of audit practices and procedures.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as exercise discretion in matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
· Ability to apply analytical and interpretive skills to problem solving
· Interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Additionally, ability to identify items of a sensitive nature
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
· Professional customer service and leadership skills
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently
· Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player who views his/her role as “value added” while improving overall operations.
· Project management, construction accounting/analysis, or fund accounting experience a plus