Our client in north Fort Worth is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide support to the company and subsidiaries by analyzing, reconciling and reporting on its financial information. Other responsibilities include providing support to North America by preparing journal entries and reviewing branch trial balances to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Performs general ledger account analysis and reconciliation for the company and subsidiaries utilizing Oracle Fusion and Microsoft Excel.
- Prepares and records journal entries for North America locations utilizing Oracle Fusion and Microsoft Excel software.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial schedules, consolidated financial statements, and supplemental schedules for the company and subsidiaries.
- Reviews branch trial balances for North America locations on a monthly basis to verify the accuracy of all figures and resolve discrepancies.
- Analyzes and reconciles bank accounts to the general ledger for all North America locations.
- Effectively supports General Ledger Supervisor by providing assistance in all areas requested, including but not limited to, special projects, cross training with team members, and researching emerging issues.
- Supports internal customers in a manner which ensures total quality and effective customer service.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A degree from a four-year college or university in accounting and at least two years related experience is required.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Public Accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and practices appropriate for a Staff Accountant.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Microsoft Access, Outlook and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high transaction environment with strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and account analysis skills.
- Solid decision making skills including ability to analyze impact of decisions before execution.
- Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization.
- Exhibits a strong customer service focus with a strong sense of urgency in responding to customer needs.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet required deadlines.