Supplier Quality Lead
Location : Fort Worth, TX
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Lead for our Client in Ft Worth. The Supplier Quality Lead is responsible for establishing procedures and accountabilities to gather necessary information, coordinate the return of defective materials and obtain credit from suppliers. As a working supervisor of the team of Supplier Quality Specialists, the individual is accountable for the development of processes, measurement tools, and productivity of the team. This individual will help resolve customer problems due to supplier nonconformance through the defective material return processes of our suppliers.
What the Supplier Quality Lead Will Do:
- Provide leadership, guidance and training for direct reports ensuring all required needs of the customer, supplier and Client's relevant supplier and ensure containment of on-hand inventory is rapid and effective.
- Provide thorough, timely and effective RMA requests to suppliers making sure all required information is provided prior to contacting the supplier.
- Work directly with Sales when a more accurate problem statement is needed to ensure suppliers have enough data to issue an RMA.
- Coordinate responses across multiple departments and disciplines as necessary.
- Educate and assist Quality department, Client's branches and suppliers to ensure timely completion and control of workload.
- Maintain a database of FAQs, and Client and supplier preferred responses.
- Determine appropriate responses to new criteria.
- Process customer returns by completing supplier required forms in a consistent and professional manner.
- Track requests to ensure timely return of product to supplier with an overarching goal of lowering the number of days parts are in possession.
- Work with RMA personnel to resolve issues with customer returns for defective materials and facilitate rapid and effective returns to suppliers.
- Addresses customer discrepancies with supplier requiring a high level of professionalism and coordination across the supply chain.
- Evaluate and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to address needed sensitivity, repeatability, control, and response to meet time sensitive requirements of both the customer and supplier.
- Create and track team metrics and KPIs.
- Champion process improvements.
- Participate in Lean and Quality improvement initiatives using the professional methods and tools of Quality such as RCCA, Lean, and Six-Sigma.
- Complete special projects as assigned in a timely and accurate manner by reviewing project requirements with appropriate individuals, developing project plans, and effectively completing assigned projects.
Required Qualifications :
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Quality, Business, Engineering, or Mathematics) preferred.
• Three years of supervisory or applicable work environment (i.e. Product, Quality and/or Contracts),or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Skills & Certifications
• Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred
• ISO/AS knowledge for ensuring quality standards are met • Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communication with individuals at various levels and departments within and outside of the organization.
• Strong technical writing and documentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision