Supply Chain Manager
We are looking for a Sr Supply Chain Manager in the Plano area. Our Client is an international manufacturing company. This is with a large evenue producing company. This individual will be managing a team of 3.
The purpose of this role is to set logistics strategy and implement optimal logistics decisions in order to provide great customer service and improve profitability.
Key responsibilities and activities
- Design standard operating procedures across the various logistics activities (inbound operations, outbound operations, customs clearance, domestic trucking, airfreight, ocean freight).
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, and manage the personnel, operations, and budget of the Import Operations team.
Systems, Metrics and KPIs:
- Develop systems and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports, to meet customer expectations as well as cost efficiency.
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set targets.
- Set performance metrics and evaluation criteria to monitor and evaluate the performance of 3rd party providers.
Carriers and 3rd parties:
- Maintain contact with daily operations and pricing of all ocean carriers as well as local US operations/truckers and dray carriers.
- Manage demurrage and detention in the USA.
- Manage relationship with Port Authorities in the USA.
- Prepare RFQ's for US.
- Monitor all orders to ensure timely delivery of products in the USA.
- Weekly update on Order Status Report (OSA) USA.
- Manage PGI for USA and pick-up of defective material (USA).
Customer Inventory Management USA:
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) from WNA / Inline Plastics.
- Inventory replenishment (enter Sales Orders).
- Goods Received Note (GRN).
- Shipping Documentation (such as Commercial Invoice, Packing List).
- Post Goods Issue (PGI).
- Coordinate Final Delivery.
- Daily Contact for issues/pending items with customs broker. Renew Client's Import Bond annually.
Invoice Approval Process:
- Manage process of SAP Automated Invoices with discrepancies as well as manual approval for the USA.
- Collaborate with functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, quality assurance and site logistics to ensure the most optimal logistics processes are in place.
- Collaborate with procurement to ensure that in-bound raw materials are handled optimally and at lowest cost.
- Collaborate with manufacturing departments to ensure that production forecasts have matching logistics resources and are able to support anticipated customer demand.
- Act as the link between customer and production plant (including accounting, logistics, etc.) for the USA.
- Contribute to Weekly Lead Time & Planning Review of sales / order entry.
- Understand internal and external customers’ needs and develop and maintain positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel involved in supply chain activities.
- Lead and direct the management of change in the logistics department through continuous improvement of departmental systems, processes, and practice; as well as infrastructure and performance on key metrics against targets/benchmarks considering ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demands proactive action plans.
- Degree-level qualification, MBA preferred
- Knowledge and experience in: Supply chain management, Business management, Information systems, Transport, Distribution and Logistics
- 10+ years’ experience in supply chain and logistics environment in a leadership role
- APICS or CILT certification is a plus
- Experience with ERP programs (enterprise level preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiating ocean freight rates
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and managing an organization that can successfully support the initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of freight forwarding as well as contacts among international freight forwarding organizations
- History of establishing logistics performance metrics and strong performance against those performance standards
- Experience in developing logistics procedures